Ban on Petrol & Diesel Cars
Boris Johnson has said that vehicles powered wholly by Petrol and Diesel will not be sold in the UK from 2030.
Some Hybrid vehicles will be alowed to be sold.
Green Industrial Revolution
The Prime Minister, is looking at tackling climate change and at the same time create jobs in what he calls the Green Industrial Revolution.
A budget of £4bn has been allocated to date, to help achieve this climate challenge.
Creation of Jobs
The government hopes that 250,000 jobs will be created with emphasis on the North of England and Wales, with 60,000 created within the offshore wind industry.
Changes in the Home
The government will also bring forward an initiative to bring forward the elimiation of gas powered new homes.
The aim is also that the Government also want to install 600,000 heat pumps by 2028, which use very little energy.
Back to Motoring
On the main areas of investment is a £1.3bn pot to improve Electric Vehicle Charging Points, with an extension in grants to help people make the transition.
The Government are raising their goals now, to ensure that the public are aware of the huge changes that they will face with the jorney from Diesel/Petrol vehicles to fully electric.
Boris’ Ten Point Plan:
- Offshore wind: Produce enough offshore wind to power every home in the UK, quadrupling how much it produces to 40 gigawatts by 2030, and supporting up to 60,000 jobs.
- Hydrogen: Have five gigawatts of “low carbon” hydrogen production capacity by 2030 – for industry, transport, power and homes – and develop the first town heated by the gas by the end of the decade.
- Nuclear: Pushing nuclear power as a clean energy source and including provision for a large nuclear plant, as well as for advanced small nuclear reactors, which could support 10,000 jobs.
- Electric vehicles: Phasing out sales of new petrol and diesel cars and vans by 2030 to accelerate the transition to electric vehicles and investing in grants to help buy cars and charge point infrastructure.
- Public transport, cycling and walking: Making cycling and walking more attractive ways to travel and investing in zero-emission public transport for the future.
- Jet zero and greener maritime: Supporting research projects for zero-emission planes and ships.
- Homes and public buildings: Making homes, schools and hospitals greener, warmer and more energy efficient, including a target to install 600,000 heat pumps every year by 2028.
- Carbon capture: Developing world-leading technology to capture and store harmful emissions away from the atmosphere, with a target to remove 10 million tonnes of carbon dioxide by 2030 – equivalent to all emissions of the industrial Humber.
- Nature: Protecting and restoring the natural environment, with plans to include planting 30,000 hectares of trees a year.
- Innovation and finance: Developing cutting-edge technologies and making the City of London the global centre of green finance.
You can read more about this story using third party sources, listed below. Please note. That Cocoon Vehicles does not accept any responsibility for third party sources:
- Petrol and Diesel Ban from 2030 – Sky News
- Government to ban new Petrol & Diesel Car Sales – Autocar
- Everything you need to know about the new plan for Petrol and Diesel bans from 2030 – Wales Today